Hello
I am getting a slight hum in my 7700. It is not always there and I have discussed this issue with Scott. It started last winter. In the summertime there was no hum at all. The hum is definitely from the 7700 and not from my speakers. I am using six of the 7 channels and all of them are working. The noise is only noticeable when I turn on the 990/7700 and so small that I have to put my ears close to the 7700 to hear it. (2'). I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what this noise could be.
Scott thought that it had something more to do with the power lines or surge of more power coming thru the electrical lines at different times of the year rather than something being wrong with the init. I have rewired everything. The 7700 is plugged into its own line with a receptacle from tributaries. I do have a ground line connected to the 990 that I was thinking of disconnecting. I am using a Furman surge protector but the 7700 is NOT plugged into it.

I am also in the next month or two going to purchase the Marantz 7701 processor and of course will be doing an entire rewire.

Ant ideas? Thanks
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server