Hi folks
My first preamp was a Fosgate M3A, then I used an Acurus ACT-3 for a few years. Just bought the 990, and I can't wait to hear this puppy perform.
Here's the other audio components of my system:

Parasound HCA 1200 II
Parasound HCA 1206
Snell LCR 500
Snell HCC 500
Snell Surr 500
Snell Sub 550

I've owned this THX gear for over 12 years, and I still love it. But I'm not very audio-savvy when it comes to setup, so I have a couple of questions, and I hope someone familiar with these speakers might offer me advice.
First, I was planning on setting all these speakers as "small". Would that be reasonable?
Secondly, I actually have 3 of the Snell subs. In my former setup, I used 2 at the front, and the third at the rear of the room. I've previously used external crossovers to manage these, feeding the crossover for the rear sub from the output to the rear surrounds. When setting up the 990, what advice would you have for me regarding 3 subs? I'd be OK with ditching the external crossovers if I could accommodate them with the 990 outputs. Would it make any sense to use a splitter for one of the 990 sub outputs, feeding the 2 front subs, and use the other sub output to feed the rear sub?
I'd appreciate your advice, and thanks for your time!
The Tanglewood Bijou: my home theatre makeover