jmacari - How are you triggering your amp?

I haven't tried the 12v trigger, but the manual talks about an "automatic on" feature. This is supposed to work based on the presence or absence of an audio signal. I've tried feeding the amp a signal when the front switch is off (orange light) and nothing happens. With the front switch on (blue light) there is no indication of going into or coming out of standby mode. The light remains blue indefinitely regardless of signal status, and feeding a signal to the amp (after a long period of zero signal) results in instant sound to the speakers. No short pause or relay click as described in the manual.

Xenonman - thanks, sounds like my unit is starting up as per usual. The pops could possibly be sourced related. It definitely occurs mainly when watching Directv (happened once during a blu-ray). There weren't any pops associated with this Directv DVR before, but I have it wired differently now. Before it was HDMI from DVR to TV, then optical cable from an audio-out on the TV to the receiver (which was replaced by the Onkyo processor). Now it's a more conventional all-HDMI setup.

Edited by Rimbaud (12/23/12 07:01 AM)