J Wags: Did you ever get any resolution on the low volume issue?

My 975/750 combo isn't nearly as loud as it should be, based on the system's previous performance with an Outlaw 950, then a Marantz SR5007 used as a preamp. This is on all sources, connected via HDMI.

Before speaker calibration, the maximum output setting on the 975 volume control was 0dB.

I used the 975 test tones to set the trims, which ranged from -2dB to +7dB.

The 975's volume control then only went up to -7dB before the display said Max Volume. So a 7dB increase in the trims triggered a corresponding 7dB decrease in the maximum available volume level.

I then tried to increase the overall level by bumping the trims up an additional 3dB (they max out at +10dB).

This additional 3dB increase in the trims resulted in another 3dB decrease in the maximum volume setting, which was now -10dB before hitting Max Volume.

There appears to be a hard limit to the output level (so you can't use the trims to cheat the output higher) and it's significantly below what I'm used to.

The 975 is not in night mode.

I can do more testing with the Disney WOW and DVE discs tomorrow.
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus Subwoofer
SA8300HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV