I may have solved it;

Hooking up all the sources via HDMI (DirecTv DVR, DVD jukebox, Oppo, PS3) in any combination of inputs seems fine ( a very very very small amount of noise audible in speakers), and even having a HDMI cable hooked up at the output of the 7005, it sounds clear.

But as soon as I connect the output HDMI to the TV, BINGO!

I am running a second test to confirm as I have tried so many different configs......

*** UPDATE***

Unplugged the plasma for about 90 minutes. Ran the above scenario and its the same;

4 source componenets connected to the Marantz 7005 via HDMI an 0 HDMI outputs connected = no noise. Connect a HDMI to output 1 and no noise. Connect the other end of the HDMI to the Plasma = noise.

I connected the output to a 32" LCD HDTV and there is a very small amount of noise, but nothing like when its connected to the plasma.

Jim is sending out a replacement 7005. I will also contact some plasma repair places and see if they have seen this before.

Edited by cp1966 (12/03/12 08:18 PM)
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.