Originally Posted By: EEman
So.
1. It worked for at least 20 minutes.
2. You ran Audessey and it broke.
3. A hard reset (which will take Audessey back to it's default config) didn't fix the problem.
4. As you add more loads (connects) to the HMDI circuit the noise gets worse.

Things are starting to point to a hardware failure in the Marantz. Maybe the power supply for the HDMI circuit is on the fritz and the more connects you hookup the worse it regulates.

Hope the new cables work. If not I think it's time to send the Marantz back.

You are correct EEman,

I also multiple analogue hookups (CD, multi channel from the Oppo, turntable and a VCR) and with these hooked up and no HDMI, there is no noise.

Start hooking up HDMI cables and it appears.

I should have the new HDMI cables tomorrow. I am going to move a smaller LCD HDTV into this room and hook it up with the current set up but if the new cables dont work, I will ask Outlaw for a replacement unit.
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.