"Does this happen even when the sources are plugged into the same power source?"

Most of the source componenents are plugged into a brand new Tripp Lite supressor. The amp, preamp, DVR, 400 DVD jukebox, 400 CD Jukebox, Oppo, turntable, are plugged into the Tripp Lite. I tried connecting the preamp directly into the wall outlet (bypassing the supressor) and that did not help. The Plasma, sub, PS3, wii and HD DVD player are connected to the Monster Powerbar 1200 at a different outlet, but same 20 amp circuit.

"Can you connect a ground wire between the sources to see if the problem goes away?"

Not sure how I could do this.

"What brand of HDMI cables are you using?"

Most are Monoprice. I have a 35 footer going from the PS3 to the preamp, and another 35 footer going from the preamp to the TV. This has never been an issue. I have a supplied HDMI cable going from the Oppo to the preamp. Again, this has not been an issue in the past with the old 886.

Remember, all was fine when I originally hooked up the Marantz after I replaced the old Onkyo 886. After running for about 20 minutes and doing a run with Audessey on the Marantz, thats when this whole fiasco started. I also opened the electrical panel and made sure all negative, positive and grounds were tight, and they are.

BTW, the hard reset did not work either.

Edited by cp1966 (11/20/12 07:15 AM)
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.