Scott,
I have an Onkyo TX-NR5009(used as a preamp only), which has Audyssey XT32. My last pre pro was an Onkyo PR-SC886, which had Audyssey MultiEQXT. I found that I get better results with a careful manual calibration than using either of these expensive room calibration systems. Even though I have Audyssey, I have it turned off. I would not pay for it again.

The only things that I can see that you are giving up from a more expensive processor are:
1. Balanced outputs, which are unnecessary unless you have noise problems or an exremely long run.
2. A phono preamp section. With the price of this unit, you could buy an excellent external phono preamp and still save a lot of money.
3. Automatic room calibration, which I expressed my opinion of above.

I think this product is a winner. I can't judge the sound quality, not having heard it, but I expect it is very good. If I had not already invested in a good preamp, this unit would fit the bill for me and I could have saved a small fortune.
Onkyo TX-NR5009 Used as PrePro, Outlaw 770, Oppo BDP93, Marantz TT15S turntable, Paradigm Studio 60's main, Paradigm Studio CC 590 center, Paradigm Studio 20 surrounds, Paradigm Studio 20 rear surrounds, Pair of Paradigm Servo 15 subs, Sharp LC90LE745U 90" display, Auralex room treatment