Interesting. I'm trying to troubleshoot what sounds like a similar issue with my SR5007. Except I thought it was doing the opposite: That the receiver was *lightening* the deep black levels on my Panasonic TC-P65GT50.

All sources (cable box, Blu Ray player and Apple TV) are connected to the SR5007 via HDMI, with a single HDMI running to the TV.

As I switch between sources on the receiver, the picture goes from a deep, inky black that disappears into the TV's bezel to more of a 95% gray color. Shutting down and restarting the system, sometimes more than once, will return it to normal. I've tried every setting I can find on each component that might be automatically adjusting picture quality, video or color formats, etc., but so far I can't narrow it down.

I just got cables so I can run the components to the individual TV inputs instead of switching via the receiver. Hopefully that will give me a better idea whether or not its an issue with the receiver's video switching.
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus Subwoofer
SA8300HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV