I'm not sure if this has been done before (my guess is it has)but has anyone ever tried running their center channel through a pair of speakers rather than a single speaker.

Here is my rational for this question. When I properly setup a pair of speaker for stereo listening I can clearly hear the voices coming from the center of the sound stage. Not only that but if done right I have a fairly large, as compared to a single center channel speaker, sweet spot for listening both in the left right and up down directions. Although the pair of monitors might be slightly more expensive than a speaker designed to be a center channel, the monitors would certainly have much better SQ.

So assuming I'm willing to try this approach, how would I best configure this? The monitors I'm thinking about trying are 8 ohm monitors. Could I just run the two in parallel? My amp, an Outlaw 7500, is rated for 4 ohm loads so in theory it could drive it, correct? Of course I'd have to run the room correction again and that should balance out the sound level which I suspect will be higher than a single speaker.

Any thoughts or experiences you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Mark
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.