I did call and speak to Scott earlier today, and I will be calling him tomorrow with an update, but I am looking for any other suggestions out there;

I have the 7700 amp that I had connected with an Onkyo PR-SC886 via XLT connectors. Today I swapped out the 886 with a Marantz AV7005. Everything was turned off and unplugged. I made all the connections, did the set up and everything was fine.

I ran Audesssey and at some point between it finishing/calculating-the command on screen to unplug the mic-and unplugging the mic, the dreaded ground loop noise appears in all speakers except the subwoofer.

I know the noise cuz back when I first got the amp I had the same issue and Outlaw exchanged the amp for me and I went with the XLR cables.

Scott told me to see if the noise was coming from all speakers and the sub (I cant hear it in the sub after turning the Outlaw EX sub on its face)but it is coming from the rest of the 7 speakers.

He also told me to plug the Audessey Mic back in, then remove it. I tried that and it had no effect on the noise.

I think my 5 year warranty is up, and I DREAD paying shipping for a 100 pound amp both ways for the repair......

I will be calling Scott again in the morning. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edited by cp1966 (11/06/12 10:08 PM)
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.