Originally Posted By: PodBoy
"State of the Art" and "Entry Level" need not be mutually exclusive. In addition, one man's "entry" is another man's "high end", so it all depends on your viewpoint and what your level of sophistication and budget requirements are.

Don't you think it would be good idea to wait until you can see it, hear it and know what the price is before you make this kind of pronouncement? The whole idea of doing a smart "State of the Art" product is to do it with the right features and performance at the right price.

It has been said that "You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts." True, indeed, I respect your opinion, but why not wait until you see what it is -- which is to say have the facts. THEN make the judgement. State of the Art can differ within prices, as well. But, you ARE entitled to your own opinion. So are the rest of us.

I don't quite agree with your first paragraph, instead I think that SQ or sonic performance is not something I would automatically associate with being state of the art, at least up to a point. And for a company like Outlaw who can bring excellent audio products to market for well below retail, something like this product, even though it's considered entry level, could be an excellent performer.

Down the road I'll be looking for a 2 channel pre amp, something that almost no one buys any more as they are so antiquated. Yet they can cost thousands of dollars and not even have bass or treble controls. So I agree that one needs to take a wait and see approach, we've been surprised before around here.