Originally Posted By: PodBoy
Originally Posted By: 73Bruin
...I can virtually guarantee that it will not have state of the art SQ...

And how can you do that? Have you heard it? One has to say that you are jumping the gun just a bit here.

Like any number of processors that are announced but not yet available, any speculation on the SQ is just that: SPECULATION.

Or do you have some inside news you can let us in on?

No I do not have any inside information, but I can read and understand the meaning of words.

First I do know that Outlaw strives to provide "high performance" and value ("substantially more performance for a much lower price"). I have never seen anything in their mission statements and code that strive to provide "State of the Art" To me that means that the 975 will probably be the best performing pre-processor at its price point. I buy Outlaw products because of their value.

Having said that, State of the Art and Entry Level are mutually exclusive terms. By definition, State of the Art means a no compromise design, that uses the best available components regardless of cost. Entry Level means that components lower in cost then their State of Art equivalents were deliberately selected to provide a product at a lower price point.

Edited by 73Bruin (09/28/12 02:49 PM)
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra