I tend to agree that this will NOT be a big hit in the "broad" marketplace but for an "esoteric" offering it is an interesting approach. If the "marketing spin" is handled appropriately I can imagine there being some traction for this. I mean when I see folks in their late 20s / early 30s riding expensive, heavy "Dutch utility" bicycles and other manner of oddball transportation or this same screwy demographic sinking a huge pile of their allegedly scarce cash into a ancient looking Italian commercial style espresso machine for the joys of manually drawing designs in the foam in the privacy of their home or seeking out pathetically underpowered tube amplifiers, grossly over priced DACs and outrageously over hyped headphones I can sorta see room for a "no correction / unadulterated" device.

I don't think I would want one with some assurances that some kind of reasonably affordable Trinnov or perhaps high-end OPEN SOURCE dedicated PC based correction platform might be available down the road. Now THAT would be VERY interesting.