I'd be happy with a 990 with HDMI inputs (and maybe a little smaller physically) and some upgraded audio transcoding. I've been very pleased from day one with my 990, which I upgraded to from a 950, which I also liked. I'll probably keep the 990 in my HT, I just want something good for the TV in the den. I was using a 970/7125 combo, but I have never been pleased with the 970. I finally had enough and put that combo in the closet and bought a small Marantz NR-1402. While not great, it is OK for everyday TV watching, it doesn't have the audio issues that never seemed to get fixed with any of the 970 firmware updates. I'd like to get the 7125 back into play as it is a nice sounding amp.

If you see in my signature that I also have an unused RR2150, it's not in the closet because I don't like it. It will be put back into service when I finally get my office reorganized, along with a pair of Boston Acoustics VR-60s. The RR2150 had an issue but Outlaw fixed it relatively inexpensively.

As you can see I've been a big fan of Outlaw's gear, and have spent a bit of money with them, but my patience has about run out. I've put off the upgrade of the 970 (Did I mention that I don't like it?) for two years waiting on "the next Outlaw pre/pro", but I'm about done. It isn't a matter of I need to upgrade nearly as much as I want to upgrade. Even though I already have tons of cables of various types so I don't really need to purchase anything new for connectivity into my older equipment and I don't mind wire clutter, I want the simplicity (at least from the user point of view) of HDMI. It's time to move into the 21st century as far as home theater cabling is concerned.

Now it's time to go back to listening to my analog two-channel system, which is something that I find myself doing more and more of lately. Hopefully Outlaw will somehow manage to extricate itself from this product morass that it has been in for the past couple of years. I really do want them to succeed as a company, a company that produces good products for a reasonable price.

Oh, before I forget; where is the ICBM-2? I could really use that to help blend a subwoofer in with my Maggies. I've been waiting over a year for that as well.

Jeff

Edited by jeffdavis (08/31/12 02:21 AM)
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile