I disagree that a room correction system is a necessity unless you have a problem room. My 1st separate prepro was the 950, which had no room correction. I was able to place the speakers properly, but the low end was very boomy, had hot spots and dead spots, and no tweeking of the sub was able to correct it. I spent over $2,000 on room treatment, bought a 2nd sub, and finally got the room sounding great. My next prepro had MultiEQ and I was quite dissatisfied with the results. I liked the sound of the room better with no correction. I thought perhaps that XT32 would produce better results, so my next prepro, which I recently purchased, has XT32. It is admittedly better than MultiEQ, but I still prefer the sound of the system with MultiEQ turned off and the speakers balance manually with a good SPL meter. Although it might be difficult to buy a fully featured prepro without room correction, on my next prepro purchase I would prefer to have one without room correction. Bottom line is that I believe room correction is only important if you have a problem room where the speakers cannot be place optimally, and that one would be much better off to treat the room than have the prepro try to correct it without room treatment. Room treatment may be a more expense route, but I think it produces better results.
Onkyo TX-NR5009 Used as PrePro, Outlaw 770, Oppo BDP93, Marantz TT15S turntable, Paradigm Studio 60's main, Paradigm Studio CC 590 center, Paradigm Studio 20 surrounds, Paradigm Studio 20 rear surrounds, Pair of Paradigm Servo 15 subs, Sharp LC90LE745U 90" display, Auralex room treatment