Time will tell. I'll be checking out the 975 when it shows up...I like the idea of a solid no-frills budget processor with decent sound quality. The HDMI implementation will have to be flawless, no dropped audio, no two-second pauses between tracks or when switching TV channels. Why do so many current receivers have these issues anyway? That would drive me nuts.

New features never stop coming...5.1 to 6.1 to 7.1, fixed crossover to multiple crossover, sub eq to room eq...how long until we see XT64? XT128? Where does it end? I'd much rather stick to an affordable budget and spend the extra money enjoying new music and movies.

Oh yea, the recent threads on customers getting their out-of-warranty 1070 receivers repaired for $75 plus shipping is another reason I like Outlaw. Bummer that those units broke down but it's probably less expensive to repair than mainstream brands.

It'll also be curious to see if the Outlaw's introduce a 1075 receiver based on the 975 processor...although I'm thinking they probably would rather see those potential customers opt for a 975/7075 combo.

-John