As noted in another thread, about 2 years ago I heard an ECS-10 in use at a buddy's place and was very impressed. Thus began a quest to buy a used one for use in my family room (ie. secondary) HT.

Now either there were never many sold, or perhaps because their owners' loved them too much to part with them, during that time I never found a single one for sale.

However I had noted the odd post (here and elsewhere) that made reference to the ECS-10 being a re-badged Velodyne Crysalis Photon-10. With a little research I pretty much convinced myself that this was true.

So back in June I found a seller through Amazon.com that was selling new Photon-10s and had one shipped to a hotel I was staying at near Philly. I chose rush delivery and the total price, delivered, was $585US. I brought it back to Canada with me as checked luggage (no extra fees) on Air Canada, and other than an inspection along the way by TSA, it arrived unscathed.

It took but 15 minutes to unbox, install, and fully-calibrate it and I must say that I'm even more impressed with it now than I was on first hearing it at my buddy's place. It works exceptionally well with any source material thrown at it - be it movie soundtracks, music videos, or just plain old listening to stereo CDs.

I just checked and the Amazon seller still has some left.

I'm posting this not to encourage people to buy it rather than an Outlaw current offering, but rather for the benefit of those, who like I was, are only interested in the ECS-10.

I also suspect that should an ECS-10 owner ever decide to sell, that it will have held its value quite well and that a good price will be had for it - especially once the few remaining new Photon-10s are sold.