New member here, but have been an Outlaw customer for about 4 years when I bought the 990 pre-pro.

I received my on-sale B-stock 7500 a week ago Fri., and finally found a moment to hook it up last night. I also bought some decent XLR cables from another source. This is the first time I've ever had some. So I go from the 990 directly to the 7500, making sure each switch is in the balanced position. All looks right, and I get no sound coming from the unit. Nothing. My previous amp (an Acurus 200X3) was working fine before removal. I removed all the RCA pre-out connections from the 990. I checked the 990 manual and menu for options to enable the XLR outputs. I changed one of the channels to an RCA connection, and switched it to unbalanced. That didn't change anything. I am powering up the amp through a power conditioner that is rated at 15A total output... an APC C10. I realize that is pushing it, but unless I am cranking it, that is not the limiting factor. It is getting powered on (the light on the switch is lit). Just no sound. So what am I doing wrong, if anything? Is my amp just DOA? I hope it is something obvious.

Edited by Jeff in FL (07/29/12 02:28 AM)