Don't you think the actual out of pocket development costs must have been rather modest? I mean if the tale as told is to be believed, and they spent much more than even $100k US don't you think they would have had to get something back from the "manufacturing partner"??? I suspect the low cost of development was (back when the deal was originally struck...) VERY appealing to the interests of Outlaw to keep the product affordable AND not jeopardize the health of Outlaw. As the competitive sands shifted and the manufacturing partner was pressure by "another NA based" firm the lack of real "skin in the game" made if relatively easy for the manufacturing partner to accede to the demands of the other NA based firm...

Had Outlaw handed over millions I believe a) they would have likely not been pushed to the curb b) if that happened Outlaw would be retaining legal counsel in the home country of the competitor NA firm to seek damages in a court of finite jurisdiction c) the 978 would have had to be priced far more than the estimated $1500-1800 dollars ... If Outlaw could make even 20% profit after overhead I suspect the "R&D" bill was very low.

Of course to those skeptical of everything Outlaw has said or done I suspect there is a more sinister scenario.

Originally Posted By: Ritz2
While I would also like to know the culprit, it doesn't really matter. It's water under the bridge and I remain skeptical that the 978 would have even recouped development costs given how late and how far behind the feature curve it would have been upon release.

Time to move on.

Best,