Well I suppose it maybe kinda would be nice to think that you can sorta help dish out karma to "big bad bully" but I really doubt that even the most evil "Snidely K. Whiplash" of audio company execs really wants to see Outlaw or any other competitor driven into the grave. Fact is that competitor felt threatened and decided to exercise its competitive muscle. I also feel that had Outlaw had more resources at their disposal to offer the partner a really huge incentive to spin off the project that would have shifted the game considerably. Imagine if you were say working to source equipment for a Best Buy "house brand" and you could tell the partner that they'd be building stuff to be in hundreds of national bricks and mortar stores? (or maybe that is exactly what is brewing -- a revitalized Radio Shack or Magnolia plan to offer boutique quality seperates, naw too way out there...)

Outlaw undoubtedly entered into an agreement with the partner at a time when the competitive landscape was very different.

I hope that Outlaw can modify their practices and soon deliver innovative products with good value. The cat only has so many lives...

I do not particularly wish the "bully" competitor any ill effects either, there are frankly too few good choices in the upper tier of AV performance and if this was something that any firm felt they had to do to survive I really fear for choices shrinking sooner rather than expanding...