I know that many have been waiting for the 978 and have been putting off the purchase of a pre/pro in anticipation for this unit. Others (including myself) have bought a pre/pro or reciever (or 2) in the interim, but was still very interested in purchasing when it was to come to light.

I'm curious to hear from those that would have purchased the 978 on what they now plan to do?

1) Purchase a current but similar to 978 offering (Marantz AV7005 appears to be the closest thing to it - less xt32)
2) Wait for the some other pre/pros that have yet to be released (AV7007, XMC-1, other..)
3) Wait for Outlaw's entry level processor
4) Nothing
5) Other??

I commend Outlaw for their recent announcement and made it clear that we should not expect a flagship model pre/pro anytime soon. This is bad news, but unfortunately the current reality. I hope that they find a lot of success with their entry level model.

Considering all events, best case scenario for me is that Outlaw comes out with a great sale on a Marantz AV7007 (provided it was xt32 equiped) the day it is released.