After reading the letter this morning about the 978 I felt like I had been punched in the gut. I was really pulling for Outlaw on this one. I was checking the Emotiva lounge and saw this post by an Emotiva higher up.

From Lonnie:

"I personally would just like to say that I am very sorry to hear this. I can honestly say I know exactly how he feels and it is not good. With anyone who ventures into a collaborative project with an outside company these things happen and have happened to us on many occasions. At this point I am sure he feels as though he has let his customers down in some way (I know I always did), anger towards the OEM, regret for his people who have labored long hours and invested much as well as disappointment in the substantial monetary investment that was made.

This is not an easy time for Peter and I encourage all here to extend to him all the good will and well wishes. Contrary to popular belief no one here is celebrating this. In fact it is quite the opposite. I actually enjoy the competition as it drives me to build better products. The demise of the 978 is actually not good for anyone, especially you, the consumer.

So to Peter and his team, I am truly sorry and wish you all the best. Hang in there; in the long run this will be nothing more than a bump in the road.

Lonnie"

Edited by JayDee (07/18/12 02:40 PM)