Agreed. Since we know from Mr. Tribeman that it was a competitor that sells in brick-and-mortar stores, it does help narrow the field a bit, but I think for the sake of the consumers imposing a bit of justice here, we should get to know. After all, we the consumers got screwed over too; because of a competitor who didn't want an even playing field, we will now never get to enjoy this product and the advances it would have yielded. We deserve to know who is responsible for this. There's probably a confidentiality agreement that prohibits Outlaw from doing so, but there are always ways to find these sorts of things out. (If not, Outlaw could do quite well to share it with us.) As a preventative measure, I'll simply not buy anything sold in brick-and-mortars until I know specifically who to boycott. One company screws up the whole party for everyone... kind of like the football coach who makes the whole team run when one guy is late. It's an effective punishment.

I will say that the e-mail was very diplomatic, so I'll tip my hat to Mr. Tribeman and the others at Outlaw for trying to stay above the fray on this.