Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey
Woke up a giant? It's awake as it ever was as far as I can see. I mean, there are those who are still waiting, those who aren't, and those who are getting bitter about it. Personally I think life is too short to be whining, "Are we there yet?" every week, but I'm not bothered by the situation. When I see what Parasound did, and what Emotiva did, I think Outlaw chose the better of the 2 options.

Says the man who isn't even an Outlaw customer....

I'm not an Emotiva customer (yet), but at least they have a steady track record of refreshing their product, FREQUENT communication with their owner-base and forum contributors, and forward movement of the football on the field. They've had their share of gaffes, but I see genuine progress. Heck, they even purchased Sherbourn after acting as their (one of their?) OEM manufacturers for a while.

By comparison, Outlaw has offered us their amps/subs (which are fine, but a bit expensive these days). They've become resellers of D&M Holdings products (receivers from Marantz, speakers from Snell, etc), and they're offering a bewildering list of gadgets that have nothing to do with their core business. An iPod dock? Surge protectors? Designer HDMI cables? Wireless media/speaker bridges that are a dime a dozen in the market place? Are you shizizzling me?

And all the while they keep fumbling the ball on the product which *ought* to be the core of their business. An audio/theater processor that can tie together all the other tchotchkes they're selling and promoting on page 1 of their website and a driver of sales for things they're actually good at (amps and subs).

I'm sorry, but let's call a spade a spade. They're pretty far behind the 8 ball and I don't see any sign of improvement.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (07/12/12 05:38 PM)