Hey I feel like I woke up a GIANT.
I'm glad I did.
The facts are Outlaw has dropped the ball since the announcement of both the 978 and the 998 we the customer have been left in the dark. Surely it is our decision to take responsibility for our actions and likewise is Outlaw.
The announcements of both processors were at least a year ago? Since then Outlaw has dropped the 998 and and cannot get onboard with the 978 either with it's production or marketing. In the meantime they have been giving us sales opportunities with Marantz and secret codes to enter doors that promote large sale opportunities.
While some maybe happy with the special sale events that some of us have to stay up until late night just before we can grab a few hours of sleep before we have to get up and go to work I do not.
I wonder what kind of response Outlaw received or should I say Marantz received with the latest margin sale event.
If the 978 is born I think it could be a real let down for some people. There is a lot of competition in the world of electronics...where only the strong survive.
I think it is a good thing that we let our feelings known to Outlaw LLC.

I sincerely hope that the 978 is much MORE than what we have been anticipating. I hope that it will be a landmark processor that we will be talking about on this forum for a long time.
I just cannot believe the stand that Outlaw has taken with this community.
It's not about being a naysayer or having a doom and gloom attitude. It's about communication to loyal customers.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini