Well methinks that there is no final destination here so many of us will be jumping off stations. We have somebody going for Integra and another going for Onkyo and the list will go on. The only reason I am not getting off at the next station is that I simply am not ready to buy now. I would like to be clear on my position in that IF I were ready to buy a pre/pro now I would make a decision by the end of September after my month-long vacation. I will be leaving town for a month. After I come back I'm agoing shopping. If there is any positive news on the 978 then I will deal with that issue that time. If however I was not leaving town, then I would be buying in the next month or two. I am now waiting for Marantz's AV7007 to see what's that about.

I don't want to knock Outlaw. They make good products and they are making an attempt to release a fantastic pre/pro but perhaps this is beyond their capacity to engineer and release. In short their pockets are not that deep.