Originally Posted By: twistybox
And none of the complicated and best known ones manufactured in the USA.

The world leading consumer electronics company, Apple, headquartered in Cupertino California with offices all over the world, has the majority of its products manufactured in China, with some components sourced from other countries, also primarily in Asia (Korea, Japan, etc.) Some quantity of their mobile offerings are now also built in Brazil - likely with components all shipped from Foxconn in China.

These world-class product are not only *not* made in the USA, they are not possible to build in the USA today.

But why? Are Americans less capable or less productive than the Chinese? Because like I said earlier, salaries are higher in the US therefore also making manufacturing costs higher in the US. A global corporation's responsibility is to maximize its profits for their share holders and they'll go manufacture their goods wherever in the world it makes the most economic sense.

Originally Posted By: twistybox
Sure, there's corruption in China. There's corruption everywhere in the world to varying degrees. I don't think that has anything to do with the ability to make a quality product.

Indeed, as I initially said, there are varying levels of business corruption EVERYWHERE. If you think that business ethics or corruption doesn't have anything to do with the ability to make a quality product as you say, consider the following examples that could very well apply to Outlaw's situation. If your electronic design contractor (ODM) makes questionable design shortcuts with the intent to reduce the development cycle because he figures he can make a quicker buck that way or because he may have another larger contract coming up from a more important client, don't you think that this will have an impact on the quality of the design itself? And if you don't, you're fooling yourself my friend. What if the supply chain manager buys lower quality capacitors, transistors and other components while pocketing the cost difference, don't you think that the finished product will be of inferior quality? Then like Ritz says, try suing them in a Chinese court... good luck!