Originally Posted By: twistybox

Oppo is a chinese company BTW.

Oppo is a diamond in the rough. I think they're based in Shenzen (near Hong Kong). They've got a marketing arm in the US and do their manufacturing in China. So in this case you've got a forward thinking Chinese company with an eye towards quality (instead of lowest price point), and a clever group of marketing folks in the developed world. How clever? Clever enough to cut a deal with Lexicon to essentially take an Oppo DVD player (in its entirety), place it in a slightly bigger chassis, and sell it for a multiple of the cost of buying the exact player from Oppo.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/trans...xicon-outside-1

That's quite a bit different from a fabless western company scrambling to find a cheap manufacturer for their next widget. I'm sure Peter has decades more experience than I, but the last couple of years of watching Outlaw (after being a big fan and customer for years) leave me scratching my head. This is not the way forward and is likely to be fatal to their aspirations of being a gateway to the audiophile world. I hope they are able to keep the lights on, but I remain skeptical of this outcome.

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (06/25/12 09:32 PM)