Originally Posted By: twistybox
If we were talking about Cars, then I wouldn't have said the best products in the world were manufactured in China. Germanany (by a large wide margin over anywhere else), Japan and South Korea still take the lion's share for quality in my opinion, with the USA a very distant fourth, and then only with respect to companies headquartered outside the USA. wink

Oppo is a chinese company BTW.

Sometimes things are not as simple as they seem at first sight. If you pay close attention to what I wrote above, I intentionally and specifically wrote: "OPPO Digital Inc. of Mountain View (CA)". At no time did I mention where OPPO is based or headquartered nor did I ever state that it's American corporation. OPPO Digital Inc. of Mountain View (CA) and OPPO Electronics Corp. Ltd. of Dongguan (Guangdong) China are holdings of BBK Electronics Corporation Inc. based in Guangzhou (China).

The point I was making is that the OPPO players are mostly designed in the US and manufactured in China and that likewise Cambridge Audio in the UK and Vincent Audio of Germany use the same approach and that Outlaw could have followed the same road map.

BTW, give America a little more credit. Intel, IBM, AMD, TI, Analog Devices, Motorola, Marvell just to name a few, are all great American companies that design and manufacture some of the most complex electronic and ICs in the world. Where they manufacture them these days is another story, often setting up plants overseas to reduce labor costs and increase profits for the share holders, all at the expense of American jobs. The same phenomenon has also occurred in Europe. Ironically, western countries have created and given this manufacturing and economic edge to China.

Edited by jam (06/25/12 08:40 PM)
Edit Reason: added thought