Originally Posted By: Ritz2

Total BS. There is one thing that holds the attention of factories in China....cold hard cash...and lots of it. As a small buyer, you have an insignificant amount of power and little control over timing of production or quality of components. A Chinese supplier will lie to your face on an ongoing basis and then dare you to sue them (in China) for breach of contract. Been there, done that (and I speak pretty fluent Chinese). This is why I was chuckling back in January when Outlaw said Scott was "going over there" to get a status update during a time in the year when almost zero work gets done in China and people are traveling to their hometowns for lengthy new years celebrations. And here we are 7 months later and <shock>, the product still isn't here. smile

They're probably kicking themselves that they didn't take this route. Here we are 4 years later and they're still re-selling product from Marantz instead of an Outlaw branded processor while their own design has languished in vapor land. They've also been repeatedly leapfrogged by the industry on features while they continue off in the weeds with their supplier. Not particularly confidence inspiring. A dollar short and a day late, I'm afraid. I'm trying to discuss this without sounding harsh, but it's a harsh world out there...and the facts are not particularly kind to Outlaw in this case.

Best,

Ritz you are right on the money on your responses. You do seem to have an understanding of supplier economics in China. Either Outlaw didn't flash enough money to get the 978 out on a timely order OR they are too small to get any priority or preferential consideration. That is the problem with production in China. IF Outlaw could have managed a made in the U.S.A. production with a rise in price of course that still may have been better than what they have now. They are up the creek without a paddle in the ever-changing world of digital technology. I am not sure the 978 will be up to snuff by the time it gets out. IF there are software problems with it then what mechanism is there for Outlaw to rectify the problem with their manufacturer?

Another thing to note is what you stated in that here Outlaw is 4 years later STILL reselling another company's product to match with their amplifiers. Other companies are getting their products out but Outlaw is struggling for years to get one product going. What will this company do for an encore? Can they sustain themselves in the home theatre market at this pace? Comparatively few will continue to buy Outlaw's products. Their amplifiers are awesome because they are designed right by Outlaw and they have a proven manufacturer in ATI.

They need to get this product out NOW and not later as Emotiva will get theirs out and will be enjoying sales. I'm worried about the 978s delays in production and development costs. Can this product come out at no more than $1600.00?

Sadly the reason Scott hasn't had a more recent update since his last is because why bring out news if it's not good.