Originally Posted By: renov8r
BTW When I demo'd a Sherwood 972 at my local audio dealer's shop I knew that the "flaw" of dropping the audio when changing TV stations while still attached to the same source was a total deal killer that my family would not put up with. The dealer''s honesty in tellling me he did believe it would be possible for any "firm ware" to change that prevented me from pulling the trigger on that purchase. I trust that his knowledge of all the details that would have been needed to re-engineer the whole HDMI layer on that device was correct. I suspect the Outlaws may have learned the same thing and I suspect that the lessons they learned from that will make their upcoming offerings the kind of products that you listen to ALL THE TIME, as opposed to the sort of product that your wife / kids relegate to "dad's pile of stuff that we think sucks despite how much he spent on it" wink ...

Sorry, but you say this as if Outlaw always ships a flawless pre-pro. How many releases did it take to get the best Outlaw pre-pro the 990 correct - 3 or more? Over how many years? What about the 970/1070 and their no-audio issues? Do you think that didn't have wife acceptance issues.

It will be interesting to see if Sherwood ships an updated Trinov unit with a year of the 978 shipping.

Edited by 73Bruin (06/21/12 05:29 PM)
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra