Originally Posted By: singing italian
I have found that you can change the speakers from small to large with a macro command but this does not properly do what you are trying to achieve...

Sorry I did not reply to your answer to my old question. Life has been busy. My understanding is that when all speakers are set to large the digital bass management is disabled, so crossovers and delays are disabled. Channel levels are analog, so as long as the Oppo levels are set to flat, I would think the same channel levels one uses for everything else in the 990 should be fine for the Oppo. If you had some independent level setting for the Oppo alone like a calibration disc, I would guess you could do minor tweaks to the 990 levels with the Oppo channel settings. So I don't think a third macro is necessary, but two are.

I did ask Outlaw support and then verified myself that when you switch the 990 from all small to all large and then back to small it does remember the crossover and delay settings.

I would have asked a follow-up question which I think you answered, you do not yet have a second macro that switches the 990 back to small.

One problem I thought of after asking my original question, is that without looking at the 990's on-screen menu, you won't know which state the 990 is in unless you remember it or set it one way or another when shutting it off. My recollection is that even though each individual setting toggles back and forth small/large, the macro to switch one way would not be identical to the one to switch back.

To answer your other question, I believe you want the sub set to LFE. L/R+sub will sum the L+R plus the Oppo sub output and send it all to the sub. Since the Oppo is already set up to do bass management you want only its sub output to go to the sub.

They could have addressed this by having a simple BYPASS mode for the 7.1 inputs like they have for all other inputs.