... sorta shocks me. It was started as almost a "throw down" to the Outlaw management to give some info "or else". I find that rather silly. The official word was sent out in March Pretty clear stated in that update was that many months of work, some of which would be on timetables out of the control of the firm, lay ahead. At the end of that road, according to the official word, the expected information on ordering would be disseminated through Outlaw's regular channels -- primarily email and this site. Nothing has changed!

Their attempt to make the addition of the SR5007 a bit of a "special event" apparently did not have too much buy in from Marantz that has already supplied the specs, photos and features to other retailers. True to the Outlaw business model they have tried to make their offering more attractive via their value pricing. Not a bad plan, but hardly a sign that D7M and Outlaw are joined at the hip...

I see absolutely no correlation between the timing of offering from Marantz and the upcoming 978. Zero, If the regulatory and certification schedules are favorable maybe the 978 is right around the corner. If things are more backed up I fully except we'l have to wait every bit of the "many months"... {in unscientific calendar making I believe folks who say "a couple of months" mean more than one and not quite three", a "few months" in such term means more than two and less than six, and "many months" is anything short of a year...).

The features being so uniform access the SRx007 line frankly don't give me much hope of the rumored AVx007 being much of an upgrade, though I'll keep those comment confined to the Marantz threads for simplicity.

(and despite my quoting of XenonMan please don't feel that anything is directed to any one poster on this thread, more of a general shout out at the whole idea of forcing the Outlaws to ever spill the beans about anything lately...)

Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Add another 6 months to the 978 ship date!!