Originally Posted By: Ritz2
Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
Originally Posted By: rubbersoul

With all due respect. Christmas? You might as well say next year.

Then I am going out on a limb here, and I hope that I am dead wrong on this, but then more like next year than this. If it is going to be sooner than Christmas it has to be September. They have to get the thing out or it is from Christmas to who knows to never.

The bigger problem (if it even sees the light of day) is going to be "who is going to buy it?" If I was the management of Outlaw, THAT would be my over-riding concern.

Best,

Well I'll buy one if it is bug free a year from now when I'm shopping for one. Those who want the best Audyssey version and place a high value on SQ will be interested in the 978 with its Sabre DACs.

Nice of you to do more hand wringing for Outlaw, but I think being in the business for a decade or more and being a pioneer in the ID model means they might know a little bit about who's a potential customer. And all this complaining that they are not updating on the 978 is not realistic. Does Parasound give updates? How about Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha, Onkyo, Hsu, SVS, Axiom, etc. I could name dozens, but the point is they do about the same as Outlaw on this front, and when they are almost ready to release it you'll hear about it.