Outlaw is not in as bad a shape as some of you believe.

Although the final cost has not been posted, if I remember correctly there was some discussion in the range of $1300. For those of us who have Outlaw processors, we will receive $200 discount as part of the Outlaw "Loyalty Program". That brings the cost down too $1100.00 if we use the $1300.00 price as a starting point for discussion. What else is available on the market that has or will have the 978's video and audio processing as well as MultiEQ XT32 on board? I can only think of the Onkyo 818 at the moment and that is an AVR. Denon, Marantz or Yamaha are not offering anything in their 2012 models that will offer as much value in the $1100 range.

Also, Outlaw arguably caters to the "Enthusiast" market not Joe and Jane out Sunday shopping looking for a "sound system" for their new widescreen. They are well known for their amps and that alone attracts a lot of attention. Once word is out that they have a new processor available, past customers as well as potential new customers will have a look. When they compare the 978 to whatever else is on the market at the time, the 978 wins.

Finally, I don't believe that it is as far off as some believe and I expect availability to be late summer or early fall. So, everybody please back away from the ledge, it's going to be alright.