Wow. I guess I can sorta understand venting one's frustration but there is just no correlation to the timelines / release schedules of firms like Marantz and the work that goes into custom engineering. Pages ago in this thread someone suggested that every product is just a collection of generic designs. That was shot down in a lot of ways including the details in the March update, the fact that no other firm in Outlaw's space has been able to bring products to market faster and the general re-alignment / repositioning that other firms are making with their offerings.

I appreciate the venting aspects of posting, heck I share many of the same frustrations. Fact is there is nothing to suggest that Outlaw's "sneak peek" email offer has anything to do with even a product in the same broad category as the 978 or Outlaw's ongoing offerings from Marantz. That is why I created threads for those things in the Marantz 7005 area and the Annex offerings respectively.

It is no fun being a "scold" and lord knows some folks post count is a lot higher than mine but can't anyone see the value in having some order?

Originally Posted By: XenonMan
As long as Outlaw continues to hawk newer versions of competitors equipment I think the 978 will stay in the background. Every time they bring out a new processor made by someone else the 978 slips by 6 months or so. I think the Outlaws way of communicating the delay is to offer another processor or AVR to take our minds off the upcoming announcement of delay.