Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
Originally Posted By: twistybox

For me, personally, anything without balanced outputs and XT32 is a non-starter. The unit also needs to provide clean/clear function feedback over HDMI, super-imposed over the incoming video.

For me too. The XT32 is a must. All Outlaw needs to do is have equal quality and relevant features BUT at a good price. That is..at an Internet Direct price that people go to shop for.

That's also my expectation and I think what most people around here are waiting for. I also hope that my doubts about the 978 not going into production turn out to be wrong. There aren't enough stellar values in this very expensive hobby.

But when one is tired of waiting and isn't being briefed on progress, the mind starts to wonder of possible reasons to try to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle. In some ways, it would have been better for Outlaw not to divulge anything until the 978 was near ready like Marantz that is keeping tight lipped about new products until their introduction into market is eminent. But then Outlaw would have lost potential sales; sometimes you're damned if you and damned if you don't.