Since we're in "rehash mode" -- Trinnov receiver review

The reason the 997 was never released was because of the kinds of problems that plagued its "sister product". Beyond the obvious problems in the above linked review, reliability and even usability issues abound. If the people that run Outlaw Audio had a different set of ethics maybe they would have OK'd release of the 997 with all its issues and the firm would be swamped with returns, angry customers and generally in a far worse position than they are today.

I am satisfied that the list of tasks that were included in the earlier status update from this spring is largely progressing toward a release of the 998 that should enable sports fans to enjoy some big games during the 2012 NFL season and I trust that should unforeseen issues crop-up that will prevent delivery in that time frame the folks at Outlaw Audio will post details as to the direction of the product.

That spring update also hinted at various other products that were in various stages of development and it would seem useful for folks that like to post here to perhaps spend some time on threads dedicated to "future product plans" -- Your Two Cents -- Future Product Ideas from our customers

Of course I know there are those that have stated in those threads their desire for Outlaw Audio to devote all resources to nothing other than the 998. I think that is a little foolish and fails to acknowledge that certain steps of product development are more like pregnancy than construction -- while doubling the manpower for framers and electricians can come pretty close to halving the delivery time for a house, trying to hire multiple surrogates will do nothing to improve on the standard nine month timeline for a standard bundle of joy...