While aside from the fact that I've come to associate "epic fail" with what third grade boys now shout out to each as they slip off their skate boards doing tricks in the school yard I tend to agree.

I suppose at one time it seemed like a good idea to "keep customers in the loop" as that is the opposite of what the "big guys" have done for decades.
The reality though is that firms like Apple, who are notorious about secrecy and certainly DO NOT allow any speculation about upcoming products / updates to be discussed on their "support forums" are the WINNERS in the world of consumer electronics. The fanboys and detractors that wish to speculate about the success / release of the next iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTV, Mac Book Pro or other computer/entertainment/audio/telephony device have no lack of outlets to post / read, but the "official line" is one of "Seal Team Six" level secrecy.

Sadly Outlaw is deep in a "damned if the do and damned if they don't" dilemma in continuing to keep the servers that host this forum spinning and the posts continuing to damage their financial future...

If this were my company I would deep six the "upcoming products" threads, but maybe that is why I don't have the "ganas" to run a company with my name over the door...