Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
June already and no further info. It seemed with the last info they were ready to release the 978 but no news is bad news I feel.

*shrug*

"Run silent, run deep" seems to be the rule of the day. Remember when the Outlaws used to be active participants of the forums? Remember when the forums were filled with new/eager owners? This place has been in "dead man walking" mode for a couple of years. The only thing keeping the lights on was their decision (after urging from a number of people including myself) that they at least offer SOMETHING in the way of a processor until they could bring one to the table. So they started offering Onkyo and then after a while it was Marantz. All the while, they were gradually losing the attention of their existing customer base. In 2005, I had a complete complement of Outlaw gear (except for my main speakers and DVD player). Now I'm down to a single LFM-1.....but I digress.

Then there was the Sherwood debacle. Then they were selling speakers made by Snell (another D&M Holdings trademark) and Snell went away. Then the Lucy and Charlie Brown football treatment with the 978. Hard to see anything positive about Outlaw's future if you stand back as an outsider and peer in.

Say what you want about Emo (I have had choice words for them in the past), but they're consistently refreshing their products, they've acquired a premium brand (Sherbourn...apparently they've been Sherbourn's manufacturer for a while before that) for professional installers to leverage. But most importantly, they're actually engaged with their customers. They're doing regular podcasts, trade shows, regular postings on their forums, etc. Meanwhile the Outlaws are mostly MIA, even on their own forums.

Best,