So, if it has the UL seal of approval it can't catch fire and destroy my house. That is what insurance is for. If it had the UL rating you can bet that UL isn't gonna pay my deductible. I looked at the gallery photos for the Outlaw equipment and find it a little odd that the amps I own which are made in the USA don't have the UL rating but the 990 has a rating even though it is built overseas. I am sure that the space heater my mom uses in Pennsylvania in the winter is rated UL but they still catch fire when not used appropriately. I bet Scott and PeterT are glad this topic jumped the tracks so they don't have to give us an update excep as to whether the 978 is fire proof.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner