The entire purpose of the UL system, is too assure that products you buy are safe to operate in the home. Petty much like the whole purpose of having the FDA, except that it is not a public institution. Its hardly the same thing as THX.

Now if you think the that UL system is unnecessary and that you can trust the manufacturers then that is fine for you. Personally I worry about buying uninspected products from a country that has a history of making bad and/or counterfeit parts, selling poisoned infant formula, poisoned pet food etc. What do you think Outlaw would do if an RR2150 or 978 caught fire and just destroyed the stack of equipment in rack, besides ask you to prove that it was their piece of equipment that caught fire. Ditto a problem which caused a power amp failure like some have alleged that Emotive equipment has done?

Would it be worth a couple of dollars to have this type of inspection? In my mind yes. Nor is this impossible because some of my other equipment is made in China and it has the UL seal.

Edited by 73Bruin (06/10/12 05:32 PM)
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra