Bill, thank you for your observations and impressions of XT and XT32, many here will find them interesting. While those observations come across different brands and designs, they still have some valuable insights.

In my last post I wanted to describe a scenario where one would ideally compare models from the same lineage of a particular brand in order to have a more apples to apples comparison of the differences between XT and XT32. For instance one could compare the older Integra DHC-9.9 or DHC-80.1 with MultEQ XT to the newer Integra DHC-80.2 or DHC-80.3 with MultEQ XT32. Aside from a few new features in the newer units, those processors share many similarities in terms of the analog output stage designs and parts used in them. But as I said, it's very difficult to find two of those units in the same place and to arrange comparative listening tests or have the shop lend you both units to take home for a weekend.

Indeed, I agree with you that to be able to pass judgement, one needs to have experience with both flavors of MultEQ. I find your comment about how you enjoy listening to stereo music with XT32 enabled very interesting as I've read similar comments from other users on various forums. My anecdotal observations from some user comments are that this was less the case with XT or at least more open to debate.

BTW, in case you missed it on AVS forums, I replied to your post on the Marantz AV7007 thread about an article on Big Picture Big Sound about the SR7007 receiver. This article was brought to our attention on this forum courtesy of rubbersoul.