Originally Posted By: rubbersoul

I know that there has been some negative talk about the Emotiva product line on this forum but can someone direct me to a website where I can get an unbiased opinion about this company.

I was looking at an amplifier from Emotiva prior to going Outlaw. I wanted to save some money but I new I would be saying "what if only". I looked at the specs on Emo and their amps exhibit a higher noise floor. They rate their XPA-5 and others at .1% THD at rated power. Outlaw measures at .03% THD on their units such as the 7500 which I bought. Emotiva does cut corners in their sonic fidelity by making their amps in China.

Rubbersoul I do not trust that company and I won't be buying from them at all. I, however like yourself, am willing to wait on Outlaw for the 978 and look at others as well like Marantz 7005 or the rumored 7007. I do need to see the price on the 978 and the look as well. I am willing to let others be first adoptors so I can get a real feel for the product.