Originally Posted By: Ritz2
Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey
The Umc wasn't Emotiva's only disaster, just their latest. And none of their equipment is UL rated.

*shrug*

It's got the European CE mark, which is good enough for me.

It's still a horse race to see who's going to release an actual unit for sale to the public first....Outlaw's 978 or the Emo XMC-1. Though Outlaw has a TWO YEAR head start from when they first announced their next gen processor. LOL smile

Best,

Are you aware that the CE mark is a voluntary system? The CE 'lab' does not test to see if the product meets any safety specification. Yet another corner that Emotiva cuts...

Emotiva first announced the XMC in late 2009, they know all about missing dates as well. I've been waiting for 2 years for a flagship pre amp from them, promised and promised again. They said they couldn't release what they had in the lab because it negatively affected the soundstage when connected with their new-at-the-time DAC, the XDA-1. So fine, it needed a re-work. Then last fall they announce the end of this DAC, at barely one year old. And by the way, it had a crappy volume implementation that made it useless as a pre amp, the reason I got sucked into buying it.

So they put off the flagship pre amp because it didn't play nice with their DAC, and then cancel the DAC, the component that kept them from releasing their pre amp. It made me wonder who was at the controls in that organization. They know how to make promises, but keeping them is another thing.

Meanwhile they STILL haven't released the flagship pre amp though they dropped a brand new amp model out of the sky without any advance notice recently. I really think Tonewinner is pulling the strings, and Big Dan just tries to smooth things over so as not to hamper sales.

Edited by S. Sharkey (06/06/12 09:48 PM)