I just had a look at the up and coming Emotiva XMC-1 and cosmetically it looks beautiful compared to the redundant looking 978. For me Outlaw missed the mark on the design of the 978. I realize the platform remaining the same helps keep the cost down and within a price range that a lot Outlaws can afford but honestly with all of the delays regarding the 978 I do believe that Outlaw has lost some of its potential bottom line. All of this for me means that I have been able to save a bit more and possibly might be willing to spend more money on a completive product.
I know that there has been some negative talk about the Emotiva product line on this forum but can someone direct me to a website where I can get an unbiased opinion about this company.
As mentioned in another post I am not in a rush to make a purchase whether it be Marantz, Emotiva or Outlaw. I certainly would not at the front of the line. I'd rather sit back and wait until some reviews came out.
I knew nothing of Marantz coming out with a new processor but if it happened I would be listening very closely to the comparisons of all three companies.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini