Originally Posted By: Kevin C Brown

If the SR7007 only has XT, then I really doubt an AV7007 would have XT32.

I would agree otherwise. Let's say that if Marantz does do an AV8007 with XT32. I'd figure discounted to the ~$2250 level. The 978 would have to have a kickass analog output stage before I'd "jump ship" from the AV7005 to the 978 vs just "moving up" to the prospective AV8007. But I'd still certainly consider Outlaw as a competitor though.

But like a lot of people, I just use a processor for physical disc movies and music. I personally don't care about streaming and internet connectivity, aside from easy peasy f/w upgrades.

But don't forget that the AV7007 while having a fairly refined balanced pre-out stage would not have the whole multichannel amplifier section of the receiver and the cost associated with that. Furthermore, XT32 can basically pretty much run on the same TI DSP platform as XT if we're to believe Audyssey's claims.

I agree, people that don't care much about streaming from the Internet, myself included, will still consider the 978. Although, the added streaming DLNA features from a NAS for instance could potentially tilt the balance, SQ being equal. But like I said, it better damn well sound awesome.