Originally Posted By: Ritz2
It remains to be seen if XT vs XT32 provides much in the way of audible difference until we see some head to head comparisons. I'm a bit skeptical. Granted, higher resolution is nice to have, but I'm unconvinced that it makes a real difference in this application.

Lots of info about XT32 vs XT in the Audyssey thread at AVS. I'm not convinced XT32 is the quantum improvement over XT that a lot of the fanboys there feel it is, but I do believe it's a fundamental and significant if incremental improvement over XT.

Not just about the higher resolution of XT32's filters, but also how they are applied across the audio spectrum.

Originally Posted By: jam
But imagine if Marantz releases an AV7007 at $1500 (like the present AV7005) and an AV8007 for about $2600 (like the AV8003) where they would both have XT32, the 978 would be squeezed in between those two much more feature rich processors. I'll tell you one thing, The 978 better sound as good or better than the AV8007 at the price point of the AV7007 if it's to even stand a chance in this battle. It better emulate what the Oppo BDP-95 has achieved in the BD player market in terms of SQ or forget it.

If the SR7007 only has XT, then I really doubt an AV7007 would have XT32.

I would agree otherwise. Let's say that if Marantz does do an AV8007 with XT32. I'd figure discounted to the ~$2250 level. The 978 would have to have a kickass analog output stage before I'd "jump ship" from the AV7005 to the 978 vs just "moving up" to the prospective AV8007. But I'd still certainly consider Outlaw as a competitor though.

But like a lot of people, I just use a processor for physical disc movies and music. I personally don't care about streaming and internet connectivity, aside from easy peasy f/w upgrades.

Edited by Kevin C Brown (06/01/12 02:29 PM)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!