Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Unfortunately the 978 is yet to be released and we are almost half way through 2012. At this point it does not matter how good it is or what features it has or how much it costs. Outlaw is losing the interest of everyone that was focused on the 978. A decision to scrap the 978 and get out of the processor business is the likely next move. Even if they build it and market it they probably won't make enough $$$ to recoup the cost so they should cut their losses now. I still love their amps and subs and my 990 but the 978 is a lost cause for me.

Where do I begin to agree on this. Xenonman this is painful to read what you are saying but sadly TRUE. As I said subtly before, Outlaw needs to get the 978 out NOW. Where you say that even if they build it they won't recoup any losses is something that I'm now seeing for myself. As much as they are working on the 978 to get it right, I don't think the market will even care at that point. Slow off the starting line and you loose the race. If they do get the 978 out and selling how long will those sales last and what is their next project after that one? I forsee a few good reviews on it and then very mediocre sales and it will fizzle out into oblivion.

Outlaw should refreshen their line. Bring out a two channel amp, bring out an AVR, bring out a quality bluray player...but mostly bring out something.

The possibility of Outlaw scrapping the processor as to not falling into a deeper financial pit may be the very next move as Xenonman just pointed out.